Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

So, I've made my peace with it: I'm 30! I've waved goodbye to my so-called swingin' 20's and opened the door to the new era: my even more bumpin' 30's. I kinda had to, didn't I?

And I've decided not to stress. Sure, 30-something, mindfuckery things like marriage, mortgages, babies and cellulite may be looming, but I could either cower in defeat or stand tall and take it head on like a tru fu schnick. Since I fancy myself as a go-getter, then I think I'll do the latter. Yeah, that's pretty much the plan.


And it'll be fab, just like anything else I do. They say 30 is the new 20 right? I'll let you know. Stay tuned.


8 comments:

James Tubman said...

happy 30th birthday

i hope that things go well with you

i have to ask this question

are they real

Lisa Steptoe said...

Happy Birthday, Chica.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY Birtday blog lady! I'm have no idea what a tru fu schnick is but I think I want to be one.
Many Years!
-wv

Music Snob said...

Happy Birthday GFPH!!!!

Like a fine wine, only better with age girl!

Rashard said...

Hey hey hey, Happy B-day!

Let me know how 30 works out for you. I've heard some bad things, some good things. I want to be prepared when it's my turn.

Not Your Average Male said...

Happy B-day, my dear... I hope this will prove to be one of your finest years yet

James Tubman said...

so i guess you're definately not going to tell me huh lol

Lady Dulayne said...

Tubman- Guess you hadn't read further downthread. There's a whole 'nother blog dedicated to my natural blessings.