Friday, January 16, 2009

Farewell President Bush, and Oh Yeah, Good Riddance



Yep, folks, this is it, Bush's big curtain call and not a moment too soon. And according to opinion polls, 75% of Americans surveyed say a big fat "good riddance" and are glad he's leaving.

Kinda sad. For him anyway.

And I almost feel sorry for him. A bit. I mean when I mess up or screw up, I can at least grieve in private, with few people knowing and quickly move on as if nothing happened. But can you imagine, your failures being so public, so great, affecting so many people and leaving so many disgusted and disappointed? I couldn't.

In fact, I've been wondering for the past month (as I've watched people excitedly plan their Obama inauguration plans), what must be going through Bush's head? Knowing or at least being known as one of the worst (if not worst) president's in US history. To see so many people dancing in the streets over the new elected president and awaiting new change. How does one deal with these kind of grandiose shortcomings:

  • only 45% of people believe Bush was a strong leader (down from 60%)

  • only 25% view him as managing the government effectively


  • only 17% believe he united the country


  • 40% believes he leaves a negative legacy

I mean damn! Those are some tough numbers to swallow.


And so it is done. His term is wrapping up and America is finally getting the new president we'd been praying for. But I gotta admit, he was good for a few laughs and had me cracking up a couple times with his "Bushisms".

But alas, we must say goodbye to this 'error' in time. I'll leave you with a few funnies, from our former ( YES!) leader and president of the United States.








PEACE OUT!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Not Your Average Male said...

Tuesday.

DC.

Amazing.

CC Solomon said...

I kinda felt bad for him too. He's like a dog with his tail between his legs. Like when you spank a child for being bad and then see their sad little face, I kinda felt like that about Bush. Then Tuesday came and I thought who cares lalala.