Saturday, May 26, 2007

The 48 Hour Film Project (DC)



(Repost from Myspace)

So once in the fall of 2006, I did an audition for More Bullets Productions for the lead role in this film Dying Wishes. I
didn't get the part not did I hear back from them. Fine, whatever. What I didn't realize is that they actually did like me (they really liked me!) and decided to keep me in mind for a future comedic part. Fast forward to the present and I get an email in mid-April 2007 asking if I'd like to be apart of the 48 Hour Film Project. I'm like what's that. They send me the link. Basically, its a film competition in the DC area where you're given the genre, a character and one prop and 48 hours to complete a 6-7 minute film, get it screened and voted on and a winner is chosen. Well, hells yeah, sign me up. I'm in!

So the Friday beforehand I get my assignment and was shocked to find I was the lead role. I had to get to Manassas, VA at 6am that Saturday but not before I picked out 6 different outfits for the shoot (at 4am no doubt). The film was entitled Rooster.com ("Don't block the cock") The genre was fantasy (which totally threw me off) and the plot went like this: I was to play a mousy, plain jane, office clerk who works for this totally obnoxious adware company rank with bullies, idiots and complete morons. I dream of quitting my job and actually play out fantasies of different ways to do so, hence the fantasy aspect.


There is cowboy western scene, a zombie scene (I didn't get to be a zombie), a film noir/Maltese Falcon scene, a kung fu/street fighter scene (where they badly dubbed our voices) and the blaxploitation scene inspired by my very own Foxy Brown pic from my Myspace profile. And it was on!


I worked my lil booty off all day and night and drove home at 12am fighting sleep, but I'm happy to say, it came out great. And with rave reviews:


From the 48 Hour Film Project blog:

Our main actress, Charlee, was incredibly awesome. She came prepared and ready to roll. She got to the gettin'.


From Matt Patton (producer):

Charlee- We can't thank you enough for coming out to Manassas ass early in the morning from Baltimore and completely nailing every scene on the head. You owned every 'character.'

We had two screenings at the AFI Silver Theater in Silver Spring and won an audience favorite award. Overall, it was an amazing experience and now I'm itching to do more. Soon as I can get an electronic copy, I'll post it here for everyone to see. To the peeps at Gaucho:

Jon and Dave: Thanks for keeping me in mind when I thought I was completely forgotten about. You guys are so damn funny and a joy to work with! Special thanks for letting me beat everyone's ass on camera as well as not getting jelly in my hair. Jon you were kickass in every role!

Darder-Thanks for the good eats. And the bidet experience, which hopefully you'll never know about.

Rhys- Thanks for adding the 'popups for my popups' That was hot!!

Michael- The most amazingest makeup artist and female with the most male name. You beat me out on that one! Damn!

Matt- Thanks for the DVD copies. You did an excellent job in the packaging and imagine my surprise when I say my name and face all over it. And you were the best awkward office dude ever even thought you edited it out. You rock!

Dorfy-(sorry don't know how to spell it) Special thanks for providing the biggest laughs and letting us all know there's donuts! 13 of them!

And to the rest of the Gaucho/More Bullets/Angry Ogre family, you all were so great to work with. Let's definitely do it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uh oh, time for a cockfight!

Good job ms lady!