Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Boycott of Soulja Boy

This had been buggin me for weeks as I can barely listen to the radio withou having to turn it completely off, which is beyond annoying. I wasn't even going to post this but my boy Rashard (Black Mihouse) then addressed it on his blog and made such a compelling point, I have to give love and support to it, because others really should read it.

Basically, he's just pointing how what a disgrace and embarrassment his song Crank Dat (Soulja Boy) is to our black community. I absolutely HATE this song and turn the radio off whenever it is played. It's one of the main reasons why I can't even stand the radio these days because I cannot understand why it passes for music and get so much airplay, particularly because it is so disgusting and degrading and sounds like PURE SHIT! I outright refuse to listen to anymore of this garbage!

I could go on, but Rashard put it much better. Check it out here:

http://blackmilhouse.blogspot.com/2007/10/rhyme-with-no-reason.html

2 comments:

Music Snob said...

Awww, I just love the little community that has been built here. Too cute!

Anyway, I posted my comments on rashard's blog.

Gone said...

I keep hearing the name soulja boy, but I haven't a clue who he is, although I'm assuming that he's clownish southern rapper.