Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nappy or Not Revisited




So I gave in. Its done. Went pretty much natural and stopped putting heat on and frying my naturally fine wavy hair and you know what, it feels damn good. Now I’d love to tell ya’ll I’m totally natural and have stopped relaxing but I’m not really trying to rock an all-out ‘fro, just have more low-maintenance hair that won’t break off every month and actually retain some texture and thickness. So I’ve opted to use a mild relaxer and refrain from all heat and continual brushing, combing and pulling on my fragile hair.

And I am loving it. It’s nearly wash-n-go and 3 times thicker than it used to be. We’ll see how long it lasts but I seriously hope for a long time.

1 comment:

CC Solomon said...

Your hair looks great. I wish I could give up the heat on my hair but with no relaxer in it, I shudder at the thought!