Monday, September 24, 2007

Too Old for Low Rise Jeans?

So I was feeling antsy and bored yesterday and the only anecdote was a spur-of-the-moment shopping spree and I came across these cute, low-rise jeans on sale in Wet Seal. As I pulled these size 3's up over my 36-inch hips and looked in the mirror, I had to ask myself, at what point am I getting too old for low-rise jeans where actual buttcrack will be showing if I bent over? 30? 32? 27? 40? If I develop a muffintop or a pot belly? Never? When they go out of style? After I have my 3 kids? When I'm too fat (that was a trick question, I'm never going to be fat). 50? Can I rock them til I die and defy trends (or will I just look like an old hussy?)

Seriously. I love low-rise jeans and how they make your hips and shape look but is there an age-limit on them? I'm started to become more conscious of this as I near 30. What about mini skirts? I know I own several that may be around 5-6 inches in length. Where is Stacy London, she would know. Cause I'm still pretty young and free-spirited but I know I'm getting old for the college slut look.


Or am I? Well, needless to say, I bought those jeans with the 3-inch zipper and I'm going to try and get my go out of them. If you should see me out with my buttcrack out and zipper down to my pubes, please don't snap a photo of me and submit it to Glamour's Fashion Don'ts. I already know and yes I'm trying your patience.

3 comments:

TooMuchCoffeeLady said...

I don't really see flab or muffin tops in your future, my dear!

Michelle at Hey Love Designs said...

Hey I still shop in the junior's department and Forever 21 so it's alll good.

As long as your junk don't hang out then you can keep rockin those low rise jeans!

Anonymous said...

46 and still wearing low rise jeans - my bum has never looked better!